Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. In fact it’s coming faster than most of us would probably like to admit and despite it’s hit or miss reputation amongst most of the population we can all agree it’s a holiday that can’t go ignored. If you don’t want to end up sleeping on the couch that is.
With avoiding sleeping on the couch for the rest of the weekend in mind here’s some sweet treats you can make to show your special someone just how sweet you are on them this Valentine’s Day.
Heart Shaped Rice Krispy Pops
Give your special someone a treat that is both sweet and nostalgic. These sweets also make a perfect holiday treat for the kids.
Recipe via pintsizedtreasures.com
1. Melt ½ tbsp butter with 2 drops of food dye. Fold in 1 cup of mini marshmallows until they are completely melted. Add one cup of rice krispies
and stir until mixed well and all the cereal is completely coated.
2. Butter your hands and the cookie cutter.
3. Gently press a scoop of Rice Krispies mixture into the cookie cutter. Next, push it out onto the parchment paper. You should now have 1 rice Krispie.
4. Repeat for remaining treats and let treats cool completely. Each batch makes 3 Rice Krispies Hearts.
5. Once treats are cooled, press lollipop sticks into the bottom of each treat.
For the icing:
Mix 1½ cups of powdered sugar with 2 tbsp of milk . Drizzle icing over treats. I scooped the icing into a frosting bag fitted with a #2 tip then drizzled it over the treats.
Optional: Sprinkle rainbow sugar crystals over the fresh icing.
White Chocolate Bark Bites
What better way to put your own spin on the played out Valentine’s staple of chocolates than to create you own heart shaped morsels of sweetness.
Recipe via number-2-pencil.com
1. Make sure silicone molds are clean and dry.
2. Place mold on baking sheet or other flat surface.
3. Add a few M&M’s and a dash of sprinkles into each mold.
4. Follow directions of package to melt wafers.
5. Pour melted white chocolate into each cavity.
6. Tap baking sheet firmly on counter to level out the melted chocolate.
7. Let cool until hardened.
Dark Chocolate Sweetheart Panini
Does your sweetheart love paninis, nutella, and you? Then this is the perfect sweet surprise for you to whip up this Valentine’s Day.
Recipe via paninihappy.com
1. Heat the panini press to medium-high heat.
2. For each sandwich: Spread butter on one slice bread, then flip it over and spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of chocolate spread on the other side (if you’re planning to trim the crusts, it isn’t necessary to spread the chocolate all the way to the edges of the bread). Butter a second slice of bread; with a heart-shaped cookie cutter, punch a heart out of the center of the bread. Position the bread slice with the heart “window” on top of the first bread slice, creating a sandwich, so that the chocolate spread appears through the heart. If you’d like, trim away the bread crusts.
3. Grill two panini at a time until the bread is toasted, 3 to 4 minutes.
Boozy Brownie Pretzel Trifles
Is your relationship salty and sweet then this delicious concoction is the one for you.
Recipe via cookiemonstercooking.com
1. To make the whipped cream – add the heavy cream, sugar, irish cream and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Start with the mixer on low and then increase the speed to medium high. Whip until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat, or the mixture will look curdled.
2. To assemble – place a few brownie chunks in the bottom of a small jar. Layer on some of the whipped cream, then some of the crushed pretzels. Repeat this process until the jar is full, ending with the pretzels.
Skinny Love Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies
The healthy cookies are the perfect treat for couples looking to adopt a healthier lifestyle while still reveling in their skinny love.
Recipe via amyshealthybaking.com
1. To prepare the cookies, whisk together the 1 ¼ cups of flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, egg, vanilla extract, and butter extract. Stir in the sugar. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Shape the dough into a 1”-thick rectangle. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. On a well-floured surface, roll out the chilled dough until 1/8” thick. Lightly flour a 3” tall heart-shaped cookie cutter and press into the dough, making sure each heart lays as close to its neighbors as possible to minimize unused dough. Peel the unused dough away from the hearts, and place the hearts onto the prepared baking sheets. Reroll the unused dough, and repeat.
4. Bake the heart-shaped dough at 350°F for 10-13 minutes. (The rerolled dough generally requires a little less time.) Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To prepare the icing, stir together the powdered sugar, vanilla, milk, and food coloring in a small bowl. Spoon into a zip-topped bag, and snip off the corner. Pipe onto the cooled cookies.
Will you be trying any of these sweet treats this Valentine’s Day? Leave a comment below!